29th Dec 2011 - Product
2011 - HIGHLIGHTS & PICS
*New markets- At the beginning of the year with a little help from a good friend in Sydney we started selling internationally for the first time. Stocked in a few select stores in and around Sydney it was great to be worn on the beaches down under when we were still in our winter.
* Collaborations - We launched our first collaboration with luxury menswear label D.S.Dundee in June. It's great to be approached for being and expert in the field and we're proud with the slick finished article, simple and bold. It was fun also to play with styling such short shorts with blazer and shirt. It all just worked.
* Customers - It's been amazing to see where all the shorts go. We have customers all over the world now and are always surprised and completely stoked when we hit new corners and new happy people. This photo was sent in by Ray from South Korea. Awesome!
* Street Shoot - We took to the streets in sunny July and shot some friends stuck in the city making the most of the shorts and the weather. 'The City Surfer' theme kind of works well for a british beach brand. Irony is always good.
* Product Testing - The more the shorts have been worn the more we have listened to comments, tweaking, testing. We've had world class surfers in them, longboarders, boogie boarders, adventurers, skaters, ladies, friends and those who just want to lie back and do nothing. Here's to constantly refining.
* Ambassadors - In November we found our first Ambassador Ryan James. A Stand Up Paddle Board champion, a great sportsman and lovely guy too. He wears boardies all year around even in the UK and we're super exicted to see where the collaboration takes us.
* New Season - We've just shot our first ever lookbook and are compiling the images, spreads and general loveliness ready to send out hopefully by mid Jan. The vibe is warm, relaxed and slightly dreamy. The new styles are even more classic with a vintage hue and the overall finish something we're still smiling about. Can't wait to show.
* And so for 2012?
WATCH THIS SPACE...
New ranges, new collaborations, limited edtion prints, even some clothing, new stockists and the constant persuit of refinement. Far to much to cram into the end of a blog post. So for now, see you next year.
Riz & Ali